by Alaia Education | May 3, 2021 | College Programs, Program Suggestions
This program will enhance your research and problem-solving skills.
This 2-year program of Biotechnology will give you the opportunity to work in the food, pharmaceutical, cosmetic industries and as a laboratory technician (in quality control and quality assurance).
A special feature of this applied science program is its project-based approach, with independently designed microbiology projects that will enhance your research and problem-solving skills.
YOU’LL LEARN TO:
- Isolate, enumerate and identify microorganisms from many types of samples (water, soil, air, the body, food, and pharmaceutical and cosmetic products);
- Prepare specimens for staining and become an expert light-microscopist;
- Prepare microbiological media and reagents and culture pathogenic microbes;
- Design and perform your own microbiology experiments;
- Use microorganisms to assay pharmaceutical products.
Graduates may find employment in many possible sectors including environmental, agricultural, food, pharmaceutical and biomedical research technologies, analytical chemistry and many other exciting fields working as:
- Laboratory technicians
- Laboratory analysts
- Quality assurance/control technicians
- Research assistants
Within six months of graduation, on average, 86% of graduates from the last three years (2017 to 2019) found employment.
For more information about this program or our Education Consultancy service please contact us.
by Alaia Education | Apr 18, 2021 | Program Suggestions
As a bookkeeper, you can work in start-ups, banks and accounting firms.
This two-semester program of bookkeeping comes in handy to those who want a short-term program that gives you the foundation for programs like Business and Accounting.
AMONG MANY OTHER TOPICS, THIS PROGRAM WILL GIVE YOU THE KNOW-HOW TO:
- Develop a plan to support the management needs of the bookkeeping function, including planning, forecasting, budgeting, cost and revenue management;
- Apply generally accepted accounting principles to produce financial statements and reports for proprietorships, partnerships and corporations;
- Prepare individual income tax returns in compliance with relevant legislation and regulations using tax preparation software;
Many Bookkeeping classes are taught in a lab environment that is fully equipped with an integrated network of computer systems, allowing for practical and hands-on experience.
AREAS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Enterprise corporations
- Accounting firms
- Accounts receivable
- Accounts payable
- Accounting clerk
- Small business office manager
Graduates will be prepared for employment in small businesses, as well as entry-level positions in medium- and large-sized corporations.
On average, 68% of graduates from the last three years (2017 to 2019) found employment within six months of graduation.
Did you like this program suggestion? Our Education Consultants can help you find the best path to a successful career abroad. Contact us any time.