This program will enhance your research and problem-solving skills.
This 2-year program of Biotechnology will give you the opportunity to work in the food, pharmaceutical, cosmetic industries and as a laboratory technician (in quality control and quality assurance).
A special feature of this applied science program is its project-based approach, with independently designed microbiology projects that will enhance your research and problem-solving skills.
YOU’LL LEARN TO:
- Isolate, enumerate and identify microorganisms from many types of samples (water, soil, air, the body, food, and pharmaceutical and cosmetic products);
- Prepare specimens for staining and become an expert light-microscopist;
- Prepare microbiological media and reagents and culture pathogenic microbes;
- Design and perform your own microbiology experiments;
- Use microorganisms to assay pharmaceutical products.
Graduates may find employment in many possible sectors including environmental, agricultural, food, pharmaceutical and biomedical research technologies, analytical chemistry and many other exciting fields working as:
- Laboratory technicians
- Laboratory analysts
- Quality assurance/control technicians
- Research assistants
Within six months of graduation, on average, 86% of graduates from the last three years (2017 to 2019) found employment.
For more information about this program or our Education Consultancy service please contact us.
As a bookkeeper, you can work in start-ups, banks and accounting firms.
This two-semester program of bookkeeping comes in handy to those who want a short-term program that gives you the foundation for programs like Business and Accounting.
AMONG MANY OTHER TOPICS, THIS PROGRAM WILL GIVE YOU THE KNOW-HOW TO:
- Develop a plan to support the management needs of the bookkeeping function, including planning, forecasting, budgeting, cost and revenue management;
- Apply generally accepted accounting principles to produce financial statements and reports for proprietorships, partnerships and corporations;
- Prepare individual income tax returns in compliance with relevant legislation and regulations using tax preparation software;
Many Bookkeeping classes are taught in a lab environment that is fully equipped with an integrated network of computer systems, allowing for practical and hands-on experience.
AREAS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Enterprise corporations
- Accounting firms
- Accounts receivable
- Accounts payable
- Accounting clerk
- Small business office manager
Graduates will be prepared for employment in small businesses, as well as entry-level positions in medium- and large-sized corporations.
On average, 68% of graduates from the last three years (2017 to 2019) found employment within six months of graduation.
Did you like this program suggestion? Our Education Consultants can help you find the best path to a successful career abroad. Contact us any time.
Canada’s new policies will help international students holders of a post-graduation work permit (PGWP). The pandemic’s disruption and uncertainty have jeopardized their chances of getting the work experience they need to apply for permanent residence.
Recognizing that students contribute so much to Canada, the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, Marco Mendicino, has announced that former international graduates with post-graduation work permits (PGWPs) will have the opportunity to apply for an open work permit.
Many international students were affected by the pandemic and found not find a job to obtain the work experience they need to apply for a permanent residence in Canada.
Those affected by the pandemic with an expired or expiring PGWP will have a unique chance to apply for another open work permit. These will be valid for 18 months and allow former international students to remain in Canada, continue to seek employment and build their future in this country.
In 2019, more than 58,000 graduates successfully applied to immigrate permanently bring strong employment and language skills, bolstered by their Canadian education and work experience, so they are typically well positioned to apply for permanent resident status.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada estimates that as many as 52,000 graduates with expired or expiring PGWPs could benefit from the public policy.
HOW TO APPLY
For international students to be eligible for the open work permit, they must be in Canada and also:
- Have either a PGWP that expired on or after 30 January 2020 or a PGWP that expires in four months or less from the date of application;
- A valid temporary status or be applying to restore their status.
The application process will open on 27 January and remain open until 27 July 2021. Details will soon be posted on the IRCC website.